Two years ago when my brain first started buzzing over with ideas for Run Pretty Far, I remember thinking how amazing it would be to take a group of women to a lodge and spend the weekend trail running, mix in a little yoga, some massage, talking, good food, and red wine. There was no way this wouldn’t be incredibly powerful and ridiculously fun.
Luckily for me – a smart lady named Elinor Fish was already on it. Elinor is the former editor in chief of Trail Runner magazine and a veteran ultra-runner and I have been drooling over her gorgeous retreats for several years. Recently, Greg contacted Elinor about sending me there for ‘summer camp’, then she and I started talking about all the connections between our philosophies, and an exciting partnership was formed!
We are thrilled to be sponsoring Run Wild Retreats for the August 16-19 Trail Running & Wellness Retreat in Carbondale, CO.
Here are the details about this event. Start your dreaming….
Three nights’ accommodation at Avalanche Ranch in the Crystal River Valley at the base of Mount Sopris.
• Nourishing, gourmet meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch.
• Wine and cheese welcome reception on Thursday evening.
• Two rejuvenating yoga classes designed specifically for runners
• Four guided trail runs with experienced and knowledgeable trail runners.
• Complimentary energy food and drinks and recovery drinks.
• Goodie bag including generous gifts from sponsors such as Run Pretty Far, Lucy Athletic Wear, Honey Stinger, UltrAspire and more!
• Keynote speech from champion ultrarunner and mom, Darcy Africa
• Individual assessment of running form, tips for trail-running technique.
• Seminars on training, sports nutrition, goal setting, trail-running gear and injury prevention.
• Complimentary issue Trail Runner magazine.
• Run Wild Retreats limited edition technical t-shirt.
• Ground transportation between Avalanche Ranch, trail heads and other off-site locations.
• Relaxation massages are available for an additional fee (included when you book before June 29).
Can you even pick which part is your favorite? It’s going to be an incredible experience and one I hope you’ll consider attending. Plus – for those of you that like to move fast – book before June 29th (this Friday!!) and a receive an 1 hour complimentary massage.